INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
In according with the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal data. This information describes the processing of the personal data uploaded or collected on the internet domain “tattoolife.com” and/or “www.tattoolife.com” and/or “https://tattoolife.com” and/or “https://www.tattoolife.com” (hereinafter “the Website“) and for the services offered with said Website, as well as the personal data uploaded or collected eventually through other services also offered in other channels as printed paper magazines and yearbooks.
You may browse the Website freely and are not obliged to register, except for certain restricted areas of the same, where the user is required to freely and expressly provide personal data in order to be able to access and/or to use addictional services for which your specific consent is required. In the cases where you intend to provide your personal data in order to access those additional services, pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of GDPR (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION), we expressly informe you of the purposes and methods with which the data will be used by the “Data Controller”, and you will always be given the right to erase or update those data at any time.
The personal “Data Controller” is Mediafriends S.r.l. VAT: IT12877390158 | R.E.A 1594429 – C.C.I.A.A MI-199024/1999, owner of the Website of the Tattoo Life brand, (here after “Mediafriends“), which has its legal headquarters in Corso Lodi 18, 20135 Milan, Italy and its center of operations in Viale Papiniano 49, 20123 Milan, Italy. The Data Controller has appointed a staff of people authorized to treat the data.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
You do not need to be registered to access the Website. However, we inform you that we collect two basic types of information: personal data and anonymous data; furthermore, we may use either personal or anonymous data for the creation of a third type of information: aggregated data.
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- registration data uploaded when you sign-up to our newsletter service, which include e-mail addresses, name, country;
- information that you provide Mediafriends by telephone, e-mail or through our contact form on our Website and/or Applications;
- registration data uploaded when you create an account, which may include name and lastname, date of birth, telephone/mobile, e-mail address and/or eventually other fields;
- data uploaded in public forums and/or comments area on the Website;
- information on the location, including the device identification code or the IP address of the user, at the moment in which the user visits the Website, use our Applications, on third-party websites and platforms, or opens our email messages.
Whenever should Mediafriends acquire information and personal data about users, we will notify the same in advance, pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of GDPR, of the purposes for which said data are required and of the procedures engaged for their use.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data (which include sensitive personal information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political affiliation and sexual orientation).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current, so please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can inform us by email at the following address: email@example.com.
METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
We collect most of this information from you directly, for example, identity data, contact data, when you fill in forms, correspond with us by email or phone or post and/or otherwise:
- when you subscribe to our services;
- when you create an account on the Website;
- when you purchase products and/or Services from Mediafriends;
- when you subscribe to our magazines and/or neswletter;
- when take part in public comment area or other public activities on the Website;
- when take part in our promotions or events or otherwise interact with us;
- we may also collect personal information from job applications and this information may be used to assess an applicant’s suitability for employment.
When a user provides personal data to third party platforms or websites, the data sent may be collected separately. Personal data collected by third party websites and platforms are subject to the directives on privacy of such third-party websites and platforms. The decisions concerning privacy made by the user on third party websites and platforms shall not apply to the use by Mediafriends of the personal data directly collected by use through the Website .
The data relative to the user’s connection to and browsing on the Website (such as the URI-Uniform Resource Identifier addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server – successful, error, etc. – and other parameters relative to the user’s operating system and IT environment) are only collected for the purpose of gathering anonymous statistical information about the use of the Website and to check that everything works correctly, and these are erased immediately after processing.
The data could be used to verify the responsibility in the case of alleged IT crimes damaging the Website: with the exclusion of this hypothesis, the data is erased after the period of time required to provide the services illustrated in the Website.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When Mediafriends collects your data, it means that Mediafriends needs it to provide you better information about services, products, events, promotions as well as special offers. To be more specific, we can use your data to:
- provide products and services for you;
- send notification about information exchange between you and Mediafriends;
- send you information and promotional emails about new products, special offers or other subjects related to Tattoo Life which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided;
- prevent activities that destroy or damage user accounts and/or profiles;
- contact and solve your problems in some specific cases connected to the Website and Applications;
- run analytics or collect statistics;
- propose to partecipate to our events and/or promotions related to the tattoo world.
DATA PROCESSING PROCEDURES AND FIELD OF COMMUNICATION
The data can be processed both electronically and in paper form. Mediafriends guarantees that the personal data provided via the Website or in other manner will be processed lawfully and correctly, in full compliance with the legislation in force, and will maintain the strictest confidentiality regarding the data provided during aquisition. The data will not be communicated to third parties except within the limits and under the conditions expressly indicated, and only upon receipt of authorisation from the same.
This information note is only applicable to the Mediafriends Websites, Applications and/or Services and is not valid for any other websites that may be consulted by the user via links on the same. Mediafriends cannot be held responsible for the personal data provided by the users to external parties or to any other websites that may be linked to the Website.
NEWSLETTER AND EMAIL MARKETING
The Website offer to visitor/users the possibility to sign up to the newsletter service. The subscription to newsletter service is voluntary and free, but the statement of a correct email-address is mandatory in order to provide you with the service request. After receiving your request, Mediafriends will always send to users a confirmation e-mail. Users have to follow the steps provided in this confirmation e-mail, specifically by clicking on the attached link/button, in order to verify Users email address.
The e-mail address provided by you, in signing to the newsletter service or e.g. by purchasing a product and/or other Services, may be employed by Mediafriends to direct offers of similar products and/or Services (so-called soft spamming), to which you have always the right to oppose at any time and without formalities to such processing. The cancellation request can be freely exercised by you by contacting Mediafriends (phone, email or through the contact form on the Websites), or simply upon receipt of the newsletter, by clicking on the “stop receiving this message” link at the bottom of the message received.
Mediafriends utilizes MailUp services as professional and secure email marketing platform for sending emails, DEM, newsletters and/or SMS.
LOCATION OF DATA PROCESSING AND DISSEMINATION OF PERSONAL DATA
The data relative to the Services provided by the Website is processed in the center of operations of Mediafriends in Viale Papiniano 49, 20123 Milan, Italy. Your personal data may be accessed or disclosed to:
- Mediafriends employees and collaborators, in their capacity as authorized processing personnel, in accordance with their respective duties and in compliance with the instructions received by Mediafriends. Such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information;
- third party service providers which perform activities on behalf of Mediafriends or which are entrusted by Mediafriends with certain task or parts thereof, that are required for supplying or distributing the services offered through the Website (for example: hosting companies, programmers, system experts and database administrators), or whose activity is connected, instrumental or supportive of that performed by Mediafriends;
- to any entity (Public Authorities includes) which may access to the personal data based on statutory and administrative provisions;
- to any public and/or private subject, individuals and/or entities (legal, administrative and tax consultancy firms, Judicial Authorities, Chamber of Commerce, Labour Authorities, etc.), if the disclosure is required or functional for the correct performance of the contractual obligations, and also of the statutory obligations;
We do not collect personal identifying information for sale to third parties for consumer marketing purposes.
However, as it is impossible to guarantee that such measures for the security of the Website and the transmission of data and information on the same Website limit or exclude any risk of unauthorised access or dissemination of data.
INFORMATION ABOUT MINOR
Minors under 18 years of age are prohibited from visiting, registering and/or any other activities on the Website. By visiting, registering and/or any other activities on the Website you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTIES
Pursuant to articles 13, paragraph 2, points (b) and (d), 15, 18, 19 and 21 of GDPR you have the right to request information on how your data is processed from the Data Supervisor, obtaining, without delay, the rectification or cancellation or limitation of treatment concerning it, fully or partially opposing the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising, the data portability, and to propose a complaint by the authority.
You may exercise your rights as per articles 13, paragraph 2, points (b) and (d), 15, 18, 19 and 21 of GDPR at any time by the page Contact us and/or in any other form you can find in Mediafriends Websites and/or Applications such us phone, a-mail, etc. The integral text of General Data Protection Regulation GDPR can be consulted on the website https://gdpr-info.eu.
RIGHT TO REVIEW
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that a website visited by the user send to the user’s terminal (usually, a browser), where they are saved and stored to then be resent to the aforementioned website when the same user next visits it. Cookies are classified based on the entity that installs them on the user’s terminal:
Proprietary cookies (so-called “first-party cookies”), installed by the operator of the website visited by the user in order to enable the latter to browse more efficiently the website and/or support the monitoring of his/her activities. According to DPA, first-party cookies can be separated in two groups:
- “technical cookies” used only to send a notification via an electronic communication network or strictly to the extent required to provide a service expressly requested by the user: they enable the website that has installed them to remember, for instance, the settings and the preferences expressed by the user during web navigation, or allow his/her to make a purchase or an authentication. No prior authorisation by the user is required to install these cookies, without prejudice to the relevant disclosure obligation;
- “profiling cookies“, aimed at creating profiles for the user, allow the website that has installed them to monitor the user’s browsing activities also in order to send advertising messages or offer services in line with the preferences expressed by the user whilst browsing the web. In view of the particular intrusiveness of these devices, European and Italian legislation provides that the user must be suitably informed about their use and express his/her consent thereto.
Alternatively, whilst browsing the website, the user may also receive on his/her terminal cookies sent by websites or web servers other than the one he/she is currently visiting, for the same purposes mentioned above (so-called “third-party cookies”).
Cookies are not dangerous for any user devices. No personal identification information are saved in the cookies generated by the Website.
FIRST-PARTY TECHNICAL BROWSING COOKIES:
Transient or session cookies – These cookies are essential as they allow the user to move from one page to another on the Website and make use of the services provided; these are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your surfing session.
Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the Website to remember your user options in order to provide improved and/or personalized features. They can also be used to provide services requested by the user, such as viewing videos or social media integration. The information collected by these cookies can be made anonymous and your browsing activity in other websites will not be monitored. If you do not allow these cookies, the performance and functionality of the site and your access to some of our services may be affected.
Performance analytical cookies – These cookies collect information on the way users use a site, such as which pages they visit more frequently and whether they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All the information gathered by these cookies is aggregate and, therefore, anonymous. They are only used to improve the website operations.
Statistics – In order to constantly improve and optimise their service, the Websites use Google Analytics to perform statistical analysis. Google Analytics with anonymised IP is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”), which is the relevant data controller, and enables the analysis of the way in which the user uses the website. The information generated by the cookie on the use of the Websites (including the anonymous IP address) shall be forwarded to and stored on Google’s servers in the United States. Google shall use this information in order to analyse the website’s use by the user, prepare reports on website activity for the relevant operators and share it with other services developed by Google. Google shall not associate the IP address to any other data possessed by Google.
Interaction with social networks – The Website provide social plugins for various social networks (Facebbok, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube). This service enables users to interact with social networks directly from the Website pages, such as, for example, by sharing and/or expressing an interest in the contents of the Website on social media. If the user has accessed a social network, and remains on it whilst visiting the Websites, it is possible that the social network may add information about this visit to its information profile. If a social network interaction service is installed, it is possible that, even if users do not use it, it may collect traffic data for the pages on which it is installed. Interactions and information acquired by the Websites, in any case, are subject to the user’s privacy settings for each social network. For more information, see:
www.google.com (tech cookies)
DISPLAYING CONTENTS FROM EXTERNAL PLATFORMS
YouTube is a video content display service managed by Google Inc. that enables the Websites to integrate such contents in their pages.
EXPRESSING COOKIES CONSENT
Microsoft Windows Explorer
For further information on cookies visit the www.youronlinechoices.com site (for the services granted by this platform only), to obtain instructions on how to eliminate or manage cookies according to the browser used and to select the settings to be applied to third party cookies.